Thursday, January 21, 2016

Meal Prep has taken over, in a good way!

Woah! Somehow we are already half way through the first month of the beautiful new year! Not sure how that happened, but it did.  I have been slacking in my blogging duties, but really, I haven't had much to share.  I have been following my TIU meal plan, for the most part, and working out daily, for the most part.  In these 3 1/2 weeks, I have realized a lot about myself.  Mainly, I am not going to EVER give up a few things in life (foodwise).  In no particular order, those things are: *iced 12oz caramel americanos with milk. *WINE (although I am going to not drink on worknights... for a bit) *Egg yolks.  because the whites gross me out! *salt *cheese (OMYum) *Gluten.  I do not have to live a gluten free lifestyle, there for, I will not.  (Trust me, I'm nicer when I can have bread)
Me today.  Its my Monday. :/

I have struggled with the working out part more than I have the food part.  Which, if you know me, is not a big shocker.  Like I've told you, I really have never worked out before.  Especially not for an extended period of time, and definitely not while hungover! But, watch out world, this new Alex might just take over! I have decided to take it easy on the days that I have to wake up at 4am for work.  I am just so exhausted on those days, it is hard for me to do much of anything.  Maybe eventually, or even tomorrow, I will be able to do my TIU workout.  For now, my goal tomorrow is to complete my Yoga Camp.

But enough about tomorrow, today I really felt the turning point, I powered through a section in the workout that was crunches with alternating left and right punches without a break! (woo) and then I jumped back into plank, held plank, and powered through that section too! :) I am so proud of myself, and in seeing the changes there is no turning back.  I am on the right track to health and loving my body! All of these things are full on non-scale victories! I haven't actually lost any weight, YET!
Veg all prepped out!! :) Simple Life!

Along with my Weekly Workouts from TIU, I am also doing Yoga Camp with Adriene.  I follow a bunch of fellow TIUGirls on Instagram and saw so many doing this, that I joined in also!  She is so relaxing, and funny, and I am moving in ways I was unaware I could, already.  (Joined late, finished day 3 today)
Constantly meal planning, but loving every minute of it. 

My meal planning has taken over the kitchen/fridge/ottoman/house. lol  I've never been this much of a meal planner, but man, it takes all the thought out of it.  I am eating more veggies than ever! Lean proteins, and finding new foods to love!  I am also learning how to cook on a healthier side, less salt, less fats, and foods that fill me up and leave me feeling healthy!!  Extra Bonus: Chris is loving the foods too! :)



I think I've caught you all up, shared some fun photos, eaten my dinner while blogging, and now it's time to go.  To continue to meal prep!! ;) Hope you all have a great night, thanks for following along!


No comments:

Post a Comment